Best African Food in Hamilton, ON
African food does not only taste out of this world, smells divine, and tantalizing to the eyes but authentic healthy African food can boost your immune system. Afrolicious is not only the best African restaurant in Hamilton, ON but it serves true authentic healthy African food. The menu is diverse, the atmosphere is out of this world, and the staff treats you like family.
Benefits of Traditional African Food
- Natural and Organic – The traditional method of African farming was organic. Animals roamed free, manure fertilized the seeds that were from the previous year’s crops. Growing your own crops and raising your own animals meant fewer chemicals which meant healthier food. Keeping the natural flavors, steaming the food wrapped in their own leaves, or boiling or grilling also contribute to healthier food.
- Lowers the Risk of Cancer – Studies have proven that diets high in animal protein and fat but low in fiber can increase the risk of colon cancer. Whereas African diets are high in whole food carbohydrates and fiber but low in fat, protein, and oils. Typically in traditional African culture meat is reserved for special occasions.
- Low in Sodium – Because traditional African cooking relies on retaining the natural flavors of the food, modern seasonings like salt is new and rarely used in African cuisine. If salt is used it’s done so moderately and during preparation. As we’re all aware high sodium is linked to high blood pressure.
- High Fiber – Studies have shown that diets high in fiber are linked to a lower risk of cardiovascular diseases and heart diseases due to the benefits of cholesterol levels. High fiber diets also improve bowel movements, prevents constipation, and help with lowering the absorption of sugar from the blood which prevents the risk of type 2 diabetes. Another great benefit of a high fiber diet is that it increases the feeling of being full.
- Low in Fat – Traditional African cooking uses little to no fat. We know that diets low in fat are not only good for the waistline but also for your organs and arteries. Just because African food is healthier doesn’t mean its a free for all either. You still need to watch your portions and everything in moderation.
If you’re wanting to experience true authentic African cuisine and culture then you need to experience the best African restaurant Hamilton has to offer, Afrolicious! From the moment you step in the door, it’s like you’ve time-traveled back to the motherland. The atmosphere is so warm and inviting and the smells from the kitchen almost knock you off your feet. If you’re looking for a place to chill after work on a Friday night you can also find some sweet live music going on by one of their local DJs. You’ve got to eat here!